Today one of our dentists (Omar Iqbal) visited his daughter’s primary school to give a dental health talk to the children. At Complete Dental Care we have a strong emphasis on prevention and we encourage a healthy diet and good oral hygiene habits from an early age.
The key messages that were presented today were:
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times daily
- Brush for at least 2 minutes
- Ask a parent to help with brushing
- After brushing spit the toothpaste out and do not rinse with water.
- Keep sugary snacks and drinks to meal times
- Try and have fruit instead of sugary snacks
- Drink water or milk instead of sugary drinks
These are very simple health messages but it is important to start them from a young age. At the practice we run the childsmile programme which is designed to inform parents and children about the best ways to keep their mouths healthy and also to introduce children to the dental practice from a young age.
If you would like to book your child in for a childsmile visit then please contact us.